Tuesday, June 23, 2009

a stroll down memory lane

October 9, 2005.

Miguel and I just found out yesterday that we’re going to be parents (although Miguel pretty much already knew last week because I was craving fried chicken, and I’m a vegetarian, and that man loves fried chicken). Well, Miguel already has 3 boys, but you are our first child together. We’re kind of hoping you will be a girl because we don’t want the boys to get jealous, but if you’re a boy, that’s great too, because you’ll be easier to handle than a girl once you’re a teenager. We’re pretty excited. I’m nervous because I don’t know anything about babies. And I need to finish school, but I want to take good care of you too. We call you cracker. Cracker is short for wheat cracker because your dad is Mexican and, well… I’m white. We’re interested to see what you’ll look like. I want to know what your skin tone will be like, and Miguel wonders if you’ll have light eyes like me. I hope you get his hair. He has such beautiful black hair. Your dad and I are very in love. I love him more and more each day. He is the best thing that’s ever happened to me. We’ve been together for about 10 months. That’s not very long, but we’re excited to have you.

No comments: